So on the 22nd August I visited Disneyland Paris with 3 other members of the family for a “magical experience”…. well it was far from it, costing and arm and a leg and being ripped off at every opportunity within. The lack of shade provided for their guests is just not good enough, especially on the rides for the younger children, it needs addressing!
Any here is my complaint that I sent to Disney, I am awaiting a response.
I would like to make a number of complaints about my recent visit with my family to Disneyland Paris on the 22/08/2017, the details of my booking are found below
4 x Adult Tickets
- Car Park, since my previous visit the cost of parking has risen from 15 to 20 Euros, not sure why as I can see no improvement in the car park facilities at all. Infact as we had to park as far away as past the end of the travellator’s I was shocked to see that only 1 or 2 of the travellator’s were actually working! It is a long walk to the entrance of Disney, and for 20 euros to park I would expect them to work, especially for those who aren’t as physically able as others. The temperature this day was very hot, with no wind, yet most of the walk to the entrance was without the aid of the travellators.
- Shade in the park, this to me was my biggest complaint (and that of many others I heard in the park that day). Your provision for shade to those waiting in a Q, or waiting for other family members to enjoy are ride are terrible. For example, the Small World ride, we stood in a Q for around 40 minutes, for which 20 of that was in total and baking hot sunshine, as an adult it is bad enough to endure but as a child/infant who can’t control their temperature it must have been horrendous. Why is there not complete shade provided for all the Q’ing areas? Do you want people to get sunburnt and sunstroke? This has been a previous observation that I have made on other visits to the park, however given the relentless heat on the day we visited this year it became more of an issue. One young woman said to her partner in a Q that if she didn’t get some shade soon she was going to pass out and throw up. Perhaps some of the extra money from the increased cost to park should have been used to provide shade for your visitors! Yes there are scattered water fountains about, and there were a couple of pretty pathetic mist fountains (the ones installed at Beauval Zoo are far superior).
- Hamburger restaurant in the Video restaurant near Buzz Lightyear, as I don’t like burger sauce/mayonnaise etc I was told that if I wanted to have an overpriced burger without the sauce the whole production of the burgers would have to come to a halt, the kitchen cleaned down and people re-used elsewhere to be able to provide me with such a burger, oh and it would take around 30 minutes! So my family ate a meal, I didn’t as 30 minutes to get a burger without burger sauce is just plain ridiculous! I paid the 45 euros for the 3 meals for my family (over priced) and sat and watched them eat whilst going hungry due to the massively complicated request of asking for no burger sauce!!! What a joke, I remember a previous visit where they were honest and just said “NO” they wouldn’t do it.
- Gift shop (40071) forgot to place an item in the plastic carrier bag of 1 x PC MET MK TR ES keyring at 5.99 Euros (ticket is attached). My daughter was very disappointed when we got the bag open the next morning to give the key ring to her grandmother only to find it wasn’t in there. This item must have remained in the shop, paid for. If this is the case she would really appreciate if it could be sent to the UK.
- After a VERY long day we had to yet again walk most of the way back to the car due to the same amount of travellators not working, again what is the 20 euros parking for, pay an engineer to fix it for your elderly and weary guests!
All in all, it was far from the magical experience that you should expect from Disney and we all felt that you were more interested in making money out of your guests than worrying about their comfort and eating arrangements. I spent a significant amount of money that day in Disney, and on reflection I believe that if I could have turned back time I would not have visited to suffer the heat etc and poor service.